Monday, August 2, 2010

185.0 Vacation Toll

I like to think of weight gained on vacation as simply part of the journey, just like the toll roads that we find ourselves on as we go from place to place. I was going to write that I have never lost weight on a vacation, but that's not true. After my first meeting with Jennifer, I headed off to a cooking school in Mexico for a week, and came home weighing two pounds less than when I left. Let me tell you, I did believe that Jennifer was going to be able to help me when that happened. I frequently listened to the hypnosis CD that she made for me at that first appointment and I know that that helped me begin to learn how to think about dealing with food. Let's see, that was 65 pounds ago! Yep, I think she has a great weight loss program!

So now I'm back to taking care of myself, planning my own meals, and eating just what I want to eat. It's funny how Jeff has been caught up in all of this, too. Today he did the shopping and came home with cherries and Fiber One Honey Crunch cereal just for me! (Oh, and a big bouquet of roses, too!) As I've written before, what a guy!

I went to my chiropractor this morning who kiddingly said that I really shouldn't go on anymore vacations since I always come limping into his office upon my return. And I saw my dear massage therapist who laughingly said that it was a good thing I didn't have the body of a 60+ year old or I'd really be in trouble. She has seen me through about 40 pounds of the weight loss and has commented many times that my body has gotten younger and stronger, not just smaller through this process. I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life sharing in this adventure!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller