Wednesday, August 18, 2010

178.6 Mother Love and Oxycontin

Today I saw an interesting article in Health Magazine that caught my eye because it was about mothers and daughters.

http://news.health.com/2010/05/11/mother-stress-telephone/

To be specific, it said that research has shown that a phone call from your mom releases the love hormone, oxycontin, into the blood stream and has the same benefit as a hug from your mother. When I told my daughter, the therapist, who works with lots of drug addicted patients she was startled. She said that most if not all of the women that she sees who are addicted to oxycontin were abused by their mothers. So moms, call or hug your daughters. I called both of mine today. I wonder if this works as well for mothers and sons?

1 comment:

priscilla said...

This is fascinating. No wonder we miss our mother!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller