Sunday, August 8, 2010

180.2 More Changes

Tomorrow is a big day, but hopefully not too big. I am having upper eyelid surgery which has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss. Well, maybe I'll lose a pound or two immediately following the surgery, but I probably won't look back on this and think that it was a good way to lose weight. The surgery is called blepharoplasty and only those of us who don't have deep set eyes get to need it :). And, I don't think it has anything to do with being overweight. The skin above the eyes starts drooping and interferes with peripheral vision. At a recent visit to my eye doctor, he told me point blank that I needed to do this. As part of the diagnosis and to get insurance coverage, I had to take a visual perception test. So as I was taking the test, the technician started laughing and assured me that I really needed this surgery.

Since Loretta's been here and I've been taking care of her as she recovers from her much more dramatic surgery, I haven't been given mine too much thought...until today. We thought it would be fun to have a picture of the two of us, her with her gauze wrapped head, and me with my black eyes. But the way things are working out, she will be getting her "top-knot" removed while I'm in surgery.

Yes, Jeff is back home now and will be nursing both of us back to health over the next few days. Once again, whadda guy!

1 comment:

priscilla said...

I'm glad you're having the eye surgery! I send strength Sue!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller