Saturday, August 28, 2010

181.2 Computers, Confusion, and Carrots!

Yesterday I wrote about all I had accomplished and especially about staying off of the computer. I revealed that I seem to be a bit addicted to it. And I wrote that we were expecting guests!

Having published the post, I jumped up, got the appetizers ready (I'd love to use those lovely French words meaning the same thing but I can't remember how to spell them), and Jeff,and Charlee our dog, and I started waiting, ...and waiting. Charlee kept going to the door because I had told her that Annis and Don were coming and she remembered them. The house was clean, Jeff and I were dressed and ready to entertain, but where were they? As it got later I checked my computer calendar and we were ready a week too soon!:(

Had I been on my computer I would have noticed that a reminder of this long awaited event did not pop up on the left hand side listing of calendar events for the day, nor was there a reminder in my inbox. Does this mean I can hang out with my computer more and not feel guilty?

So glad to have lost a pound! And this morning I did head over to the elliptical and rode almost 2 1/2 miles in 35 minutes. I'm making progress. Later this afternoon we are going to see Eat, Pray, Love. I'm smuggling in a bag of carrots, cherry tomatoes, and snap peas to get me through the eating part. The veges aren't going to taste as good as the pizza that is described in the book, but will serve me well in the moment.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller