Thursday, August 26, 2010

181.4 "I Don't Know..."

How can I go from 177.4 to 181.4 in one 24 hour period when all I ate was rice, and fish with orzo? Well, in the name of honesty, I did eat a little more than that but not 4 X 3500 cal/pound = 14,000 calories more! Since getting on the scale this morning, this song from the movie Crazy Heart has been running through my mind:

"I don't know if you're my friend,
Or a long lost lover comin' back again,
Where does the wind blow,
Baby, I don't know!"

And today, that just about sums it up. I guess my over eating a couple of days ago has finally caught up with me. So, I'll give myself a hug and get back on the horse, or whatever!

My brother-in-law Phil has challenged me to a weight loss competition. We are going to start now and see if we both can't lose 10 pounds by October 1st! He does have the advantage of being a guy, and of having not been losing weight over the past couple of years. But hey, I'm up for it. There is $25 at stake here and I want it! :) On your mark, get set, go!

4 comments:

priscilla said...

I'm holding my breath!!! And my money's on you!

philso said...

hey Baby! I ate a bowl of cereal with banana for bfast, had a nargarita, a beer, chili con queso and tortilla soup for lunch, a chocolate shake at 2PM, then a pizza a Greek salad and a beer for dinner. Then went to Glace and had fleur de sel gelato so I am ready for the challenge!I feel so proud on this first day of the challenge, so ready!

pad

Unknown said...

I'm taking the challenge too! But just inspired by you, not for $.;)

tem

Unknown said...

Ok I'm there! Lost 10 lbs!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller