Sunday, August 1, 2010

no scale I'm Back!

Rather than make a comment, Jennifer Scott sent me an email in response to the last post. Here's what she wrote:

"What was so nice about today's blog is that you really stopped for a moment to take YOU in, all that you are and all that you've accomplished. If we don't do that, then the mountain will always continue to loom larger than life. We all benefit by stopping on a ledge or at a spot alongside the road and just taking note of where we've been."

Life is a journey and making time to go back over the map and seeing just how far we have come, no matter what our goal or destination, should be part and parcel of this experience we call life.

After that wonderful hike and writing that post, things did kind of fall apart. The next day a wasp/hornet type creature decided it had a crush on me and I ended up hurting my back trying to get away from it. We are home now and tomorrow I will see if my chiropractor can help straighten me out.

Tomorrow I will also greet my dear friend the scale and have a reality check about where I am with my weight. Being on vacation is wonderful but I do miss my routines and the foods that I love. My new comfort foods are fish, spinach and fruit! I'm smiling as I write this because I don't think too many people would consider those as comfort foods.

I'll be back with everyday posts starting tomorrow and I'm glad to be back with all of you.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller