Wednesday, August 11, 2010

179.0 Cheering Me up!


I just got off the phone with a dear friend of mine. (That's Barb about 2 years ago.) Barbara was the subject of one of my early posts. (See "Magic", 8/26/09.) She was my roommate for a couple of years at UCLA. She's seen me through lean times and through corpulent times, and has always been one of my steadfast buddies. Today she called after seeing my picture from yesterday's post and thought I might need a little cheering up. Although my eyes don't hurt, I did need a little cheering up and was grateful for the call.

She hasn't seen me since the weight loss has been noticeable so I hope we can get together soon. She brought up the subject of my being brave to post all this about my weight. I don't really think of it as being brave. I think of it as just sharing a part of my life in hopes of it helping others. And I shared with her the fact that now that I am getting so close to reaching my goal of 170, I will have to shift my focus away from losing weight to some new adventure. I do have several ideas, some of which relate to weight loss. It will be exciting to see how this next part of my life's journey plays out. Thanks again for the call, Barb!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller