Monday, August 23, 2010

179.4 Are Lollipops A Food Group?


Since I have been procrastinating about going over to the gym, I decided to go on line and see what I could learn about the way to do exercise to lose fat. Am I looking for a rule:)? Not exactly, but here's what I have come up with as a gem of the day:

Interval training, strength training (weights), and proper nutrition are the essential ingredients to achieve weight loss from all areas of the body while maintaining important muscle mass.

One of the most obvious things I've noticed during this weight loss journey compared to past quick loss programs is that I do actually look and feel stronger. I know I have greater, rather than less, muscle mass and I attribute that to losing weight at a much slower pace while at the same time slowly but surely increasing the amount, and type of exercise that I do. I've also been eating foods from all of the food groups and not starving myself of any nutrients. I'm laughing to myself as I write this because a friend on Facebook just wrote that her 3 year old son has been working very hard to convince her that lollipops are a food group!

Now let's see those numbers just left of the title continue to fall.

1 comment:

priscilla said...

Food fads in diets are really annoying. Grapefruit and cottage cheese are perfectly fine foods, but I think of them as "diet food" (which they're not necessarily by the way) and so shun them. On the other hand, I learned to love vegetables thanks to dieting--hunger prompted me to eat ANYTHING. I think healthy eating keeps one looking as young as possible. It may not keep wrinkles at bay, but it MUST make eyes clearer and sparkly, and skin the best color it can be.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller