Tuesday, June 1, 2010

186.0 Can 185 Be Far Behind?

Finally, a new all time low! What changed? I started eating less and I am trying hard to "listen" to my body about when I have had enough. This has been hard for me to pay attention to. I think I am distracted by: how much is left of my plate, will I literally die from hunger pangs if I don't "eat enough", since I exercised a lot I should eat more. Oh, and I am only having salad with salmon or chicken in it so shouldn't I be able to eat a lot more? And the familiar, I have lost 60 pounds so maybe I have lost enough?

No, I haven't lost enough. That new full length mirror has taught me that, and no, I am not consumed with being a perfect size anything. But fat is fat and when I see the collections I am still wearing (these are not fashion collections as seen on some Parisian runway), that is evidence enough. And, my doctors have encouraged me to lose more so this is not all in my head.



This was taken in mid April when I weighed 188. Jennifer has encouraged me to use smaller plates when I serve myself to help me understand the importance of eating less, to get a better visual picture of what that means! So using visual cues, checking in with how I feel as I am eating, staying aware and conscious of what I am eating and enjoying every bite, and keeping my goal in mind, I am on the road again!

2 comments:

priscilla said...

Thanks,I needed this!

Kathleen said...

Go Sue! Remember - no one dies of hunger pangs. Not when apples are close at hand.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller