Thursday, June 10, 2010

185.8 Yes! I'm Stuck Again

I thought I was going to be on a roll down the scale when I left the 188 lb. zone, but obviously I'm not. I have been thinking a lot about why/when I get stuck. I like to think it is very mysterious and out of my control. I make it all so much more complicated than it is. The fact of the matter is that the less I put in the old machine, me, the more my weight will drop. It isn't hard to think about, it's just hard to do.

I get hung up on things like am I getting enough nutrients. Well, hello, I have 185 pounds of nutrients to draw on. Everything about me except my weight is within a healthy range. I'm not anemic, not lacking energy, I sleep very well (thanks to my recent hormone adjustment), so what's up?

So I tell myself that with a little hunger and a lot of exercise I can lose weight. What is so darn hard about that? Um... doing it. DUH!

The real question becomes how much do I want to lose 15 pounds. If I can lose 60 pounds, I can lose 15 pounds. Let's see if I can't get my mind, body and spirit all on the same page and make this a reality. I'm not where I want to be on the scale, not how I want to look, and not how I want to feel. Looking hard at myself in recent pictures or in my new mirror, I want it!

1 comment:

priscilla said...

This is very helpful. Motivation comes from within, and you help me find it!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller