Wednesday, June 9, 2010

185.8 Yum!

Sometimes when I am eating something yummy that I have designed (do you like that word?), I think that what I have come up with is so delicious I should pass it on to you all. So here are a couple of things I really enjoy eating. No, I will not repeat my wonderful recipe for salad greens with beans and fruit for breakfast!:)


Lately I have been treating myself at breakfast time to healthy grain toast onto which I spread a thin layer of peanut butter. Then I add fresh blueberries, blackberries, or pitted fresh cherries! Depending on the sweetness of the fruit, I may sprinkle a little sugar or sweetener on top of the fruit. The textures and tastes of the toast, peanut butter and berries are so much better than when jam or jelly are added and it is a lot healthier.

Another thing I do when I make a salad is to start with low fat salad dressing, usually Ranch or Blue Cheese, and then add balsamic vinegar to it. The proportion is up to you, but I probably use about 1/3 vinegar to 2/3s dressing. It makes the creamy dressing easier to disperse within the salad ingredients and less of the heavier dressing is used. And, I love the the combined flavors! Yum!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller