Wednesday, June 23, 2010

no scale Size Matters!

Why yes, I did think the title of today's post would get some attention :). And, as I think about it, I'm surprised that title didn't come to mind sooner since this is a weight loss blog and size is one of the elements that obviously changes as weight is lost.

However, today I'm talking about elevation and how it affects exercise. We are spending a couple of days in Prescott, AZ, which is a lovely little town situated between Scottsdale and Flagstaff. The elevation of Prescott is 5300 feet, about double that of where we live in Scottsdale.

I went over to work out and my heart rate shot up a lot more quickly than it does at home. Even though I didn't work out as long as I usually do, I definitely feel like I have had a good workout.

I didn't bring my scale with me so don't know how much I weigh today, but I'm feeling more at peace about this whole process and know that once I get home and refocus I will continue to lose weight. I used to be so uptight about everything, and this new found faith and trust in myself that I can and will manage life and weight loss well is a real gift that has come out of connecting with my inner voice. I'm in a new place, a good, secure place and happy to be here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Susan! YOU are coming into "own."

Jennifer

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller