Thursday, June 17, 2010

185.0 Dr. Suess and Me!

Yes, I am obviously stuck but I am not complaining. I think I have to knock off the fruit before bed every night. After reading Mindless Eating, I was reminded that too many calories, no matter what you are eating, are too many calories to allow for weight loss to occur.

When I first started working with Jennifer and listening to the hypnosis CDs that she recorded for me, I noticed that she would always say that I was "getting younger, getting healthier, and getting slimmer". Working with her and using hypnosis was of course taking a leap of faith that this step would help me start losing and achieving those things. Clearly, I have lost weight (the scale tells me so :)), and I have gotten slimmer (my clothes tell me so as well as the mirror), and now clearly I am healthier. Yesterday I heard from my doctor that all my levels are in the normal range after taking myself off the statin drug for high cholesterol two months ago. And, I do believe that I have gotten younger in my view of myself, and in the way others perceive me! Yesterday I had a pedicure and my toe nails are now a gorgeous shade of deep purple! I also had a botox treatment in the area between my eyes (yesterday was a big day!) and I'm all dressed up with lots of places to go. Writing this reminds me of the Dr. Seuss book "Oh, The Places You'll Go"! It just dawned on me that maybe I have become a little wacky?

Let's see if I can't kick the rest of this weight off! I wonder what I'll feel like then.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller