Sunday, June 20, 2010

183.8 Getting Untangled

It's been fun, as I wrote yesterday, to see the weight dropping off after having been stuck so long between 188 and 185 pounds. I've written that maybe it was all about not eating before bed, and upping my exercise, both of which have been changes I've made. What I didn't talk about was a real change in attitude that has also been taking place within me. That change of attitude finally took hold even though I have been thinking about it, reading about it, and wanting it for quite awhile now. You know how sometimes you get all tangled up in your own stuff so you can't begin to move forward? That's where I've been, and I was so frustrated that I turned this lack of weight loss over such a long period of time into some mammoth issue.

So I took a deep breath, and a leap of faith that I could do this, that losing 15 pounds wasn't a big deal, and that by believing I could, I would, and look what happened. Letting go of excuses and embracing the power of believing in myself has been freeing and getting the results I wanted.

Hope you are having a great weekend. Ours just got better because the air conditioning repairman just left and cool air is once again moving through our house. Since it will be getting up above 100 degrees today, this is a good thing! Getting untangled has been a good thing, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bravisimo! 180 here you come - then you'll only have to lose 10 more lbs - piece of cake - oops, bad metaphor - piece of apple!
Annis

Unknown said...

Bravisimo! 180 here you come - then you'll only have to lose 10 more lbs - piece of cake - oops, bad metaphor - piece of apple!
Annis

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller