Monday, June 21, 2010

184.4 It's Life, A Great Life!

We celebrated Father's Day yesterday at a very special restaurant so I'm not surprised by the bump up in weight today. As my sister said, and she always knows what to say to make me feel a little better, "Sue, the food was loaded with salt and sugar." And, I'm sure she's right!

When I do the cooking, which is most of the time, salt and sugar are not ingredients that I use with abandon. Tonight I'm making a pasta dish that Oprah's cook, Rosie, used to prepare for her. There is no salt or sugar in the recipe, only fresh tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, chopped basil and angel hair pasta. I won't eat much of the pasta but I will enjoy every bite! Oh yeah, it also has a little white wine in it. And, I'll thaw out some shrimp to eat with it. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller