Tuesday, June 8, 2010

186.0 Changing Views

I have been thinking about how my view of myself has changed during this weight loss process or journey. When I started and was weighing in at a grand 247.7 pounds, my life was based on what I couldn't do. I couldn't walk far, I couldn't stand for long, I couldn't exercise, I couldn't travel with ease, I couldn't climb, I couldn't...well, you get the point. Back issues exacerbated by the weight played into how I viewed myself on a moment to moment basis. Life was pretty boring, limiting, flat, unexciting, and I had my share of self pity going on, also.

When I started working with Jennifer Scott (www.JScottHypnosis.com) to lose the weight, and had the back surgery that allowed me to move with less pain, I started changing the definition of myself. I became more like the "Little Engine That Could". I was more about I think I can... and as I lost more weight and took more chances on trying new things, to do things that I hadn't thought I could do, it became all about I can!

Now I am realizing that I am at a new point in my view of myself. I am ready to take on new challenges, an unknown future that will be limited only by my imagination. There's a certain glee about being 67 and writing this. I am not shutting down! I am more alive and open to possibilities than I have ever been. How cool is that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea and double yea!!!

queenmabby said...

SO COOL!!! i love it!! this post makes me smile:)

Unknown said...

It's thrilling and inspiring! YAY! I celebrate with you, Mom. What an accomplishment, this change in your self image and commitment to living.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller