Monday, June 28, 2010

182.4 Can I Just Say...

(As I have been getting closer and closer to my goal weight of 170 pounds, I have started to do some other things to improve my appearance. As you faithful readers know, I recently had a botox treatment and today I had my teeth whitened.)

...that I had no idea it hurt so much to have your teeth whitened! No, it is not worth it! It burned while I was having it done even though the technician at the dentist's office was very attentive and added more of this and that to protect my gums. And, ever since I called a halt to the procedure because of the pain, my teeth have been aching. It's as if I have a mouthful of super sensitive teeth that won't stop yelling at me about just how sensitive they are.

They sent me home with all sorts of paraphernalia so I can continue the whitening process at home. I thanked them, all the while saying to myself that there is no way I will subject my teeth to this bleach process ever again. Oh, and on top of everything else, I can't drink coffee or eat berries for 2 days. Coffee and berries are what I live on every morning. Hello!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

No! That sounds horrible. But you are the second person I know reporting this as a painful process. This is actually something I have considered doing, too, because my teeth are blotchy.

priscilla said...

Well I don't understand. I get a gel from my dentist that I apply to a soft plastic mold made from my teeth. NO PAIN, lots of gain. When you heal, try another method if you're still interested. Ouch!!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller