Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Whose Thigh Is This?

After writing yesterday's blog, I received comments from 2 of my faithful blog fans. One supports me in staying true to the course I have set for myself because it has worked so well, and the other challenges me (she always does:)) to think about the fact that I don't really know how many calories my body needs to stay healthy and still lose weight. I know how many calories I need to eat to maintain my weight and I know that if eat about 500 a day less than that, I can lose a pound in about week, but how many calories do I need to sustain my health? Who knows? My inner voice, my inner spirit is suggesting that I not worry about calories in and out since we don't know that number, but to eat enough so I don't lose control due to hunger. I can do that, and I'll see how things go.

This morning as I was getting out of bed I looked down and saw my thigh. But I didn't recognize it because it's definitely gotten thinner. "Whose thigh is this"? to the tune of "What Child is This..." ran through my head. That started my day off with a smile.

(I didn't get weighed today because we were at a friend's home. Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends so I will need to take care to enjoy the meal with awareness!)

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller