Thursday, December 3, 2009

203.2 I'm Back Home

My college roommate from UCLA days, Barbara, sent me another article that she thought might be of interest to all of my blog readers. Is there a name for blog readers? If so, I don't know it, but think there should be. Anyway, the article features food that have been proven to help rid people of belly fat. Arrgh! Belly fat is almost as bad sounding as obese. These foods are called MUFAs, standing for mono unsaturated fat acids. I read through all 26 meal ideas and think some of them look good enough for me to try. Here's the link: http://www.aolhealth.com/healthy-living/longevity/flat-belly-shortcuts?icid=main%7Cmain%7Cdl3%7Clink3%7Chttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolhealth.com%2Fhealthy-living%2Flongevity%2Fflat-belly-shortcuts

I have no idea if this really will help and I don't often put up links like this one that touts fast weight loss. But hey, maybe this will help and I doubt if it can hurt. Let me know if eating these foods is a good thing (as Martha would say).

My physical therapist cancelled on me today because she is sick, so I didn't find out why the elliptical is giving me such a hard time. I walked briskly today, partly because it is cold here for a change and partly because I had missed real walks while we were in Boston. It was way too cold for this Arizona gal to relish walking outside there. My daughter Alee invited me several times to walk with her and her dog Paco, and I did walk twice around the neighborhood, all the while wishing I was in the house by the fire in the fireplace. So today I had a great walk, did the Wii Fit, and am wishing it were warm enough to go out and do my water therapy. I'm back home.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Thanks for that link. I'm so frustrated with my belly - I'm going to try some of these and see if anything works!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller