Wednesday, December 23, 2009

201.2 An Unexpected Gift


Here's my grandson Julien's Christmas stocking, finally finished. It has been 3 years in the making with me working sporadically every Christmas season hoping to get it done by that Christmas. Well, my son Ted asked about it about a month ago and reminded me that Julien would really notice this year if he didn't have a special stocking made by Grandma Sue. Phew! It took forever this year to finish it. I thought I had about 5 hours to go when Ted talked to me about it, but I think I have logged more like 12 to 15 hours. I am so glad it's done.

Today I received an unexpected gift about this blog. My nephew's wife Nicola took me aside and told me that she has read every post and that it has really touched her life. She said that the weight loss focus has been very helpful, but more than that, my sharing my view of life has meant a lot to her. I really liked hearing that this blog has become important to her and I hope it will continue to be a source of info, humor, and perhaps inspiration to many of you.

I am not sure if I will post a new blog everyday throughout the next week since we will be celebrating, traveling, and enjoying our family. But do check in every so often. With me in charge (I think the blog is the only thing I am truly in charge of :) ), you never know!

Happy Holidays to you all.

1 comment:

priscilla said...

The stocking is beautiful! And I love Nicola and her words to you!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller