Tuesday, December 22, 2009

202.2 A Broken Record


Maybe I should say a broken CD, but since I grew up with the term broken record I think it sounds better. My current plateau is feeling like that. Being stuck is no fun, but I am trying to take it in stride. Weight is such a funny thing, or maddening, or frustrating thing! We all have it, but we all handle it differently, and it is very individual. Some folks don't have to deal with it at all, some heavier folks don't seem to deal with it at all (I was one of them for about 20 years), and some have watched their weight continually thereby keeping within about a 2-3 pound range most of their adult lives. I want to be in that third group eventually. Since right now I am proving to be so good at maintaining a certain weight that should be a piece of cake! Ouch! Bad phrase to use right now.

So as I approach the holidays and all that includes (read wonderful food) my goal is to stay steady, to use my inner voice to keep me present and careful, and enjoy my friends and family. That's not too tall an order!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller