Sunday, December 13, 2009

no scale Bellagio Christmas


This is a very complex place to visit. I definitely have an ambivalent view of Las Vegas. Right now there is snow on the mountains that we look out at from our room, and it is simply gorgeous. But down on the street things are pretty gritty and grim. I have done surprisingly well with my gambling fortunes so that has been fun, and unexpected. And, I have been walking everywhere, very different from past visits. It means a lot to me that I can walk.

The Andrea Bocelli concert last night was absolutely fabulous. What is so phenomenal about seeing him perform is that he sings effortlessly, whether he is singing an aria or a Christmas Carol. I didn't realize this about his style and was struck by it throughout the performance. Whether it was an unusually high note or low note, it was sung effortlessly and beautifully. Can weight loss be effortless? I think that depends on the definition of effort. It does take discipline and practice, I can attest to that!

So, home tomorrow!

4 comments:

queenmabby said...

great pic!

philso said...

well!

Kathleen said...

It is a great pic.

But I have to make a comment on the word "effortless." I had a voice teacher who once told me "The trick is to make it look easy, and that's hard to do." I think Mr. Bocelli worked really really hard to make his singing look effortless. And if you try and stick to your eating plan, soon you won't have to think about it as much and it will become second nature. It's getting to that point that is difficult.

I hope you're having a great time!

priscilla said...

Sue, you are so right that singing and weight loss are NOT effortless. And, as important, they both require attention to SCALES!!!! Hahahahaha!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller