Thursday, December 31, 2009

200.0 One Bite At A time

This morning as I got ready to weigh myself after being without a scale for 5 days, I was talking to myself about how much I probably gained over the holidays. Whoa! I was so pleased and happily surprised to see that on this last day of the year, I weighed the least I have in probably 10 years! Yep, I did get off and on again just to make sure.

Since we were eating out, eating in, eating special holiday foods, I was sure that I had gained weight. My clothes didn't feel tighter, but in my mind I didn't see how I could NOT have gained weight. I ate mashed potatoes, I ate persimmon pudding with real whipped cream, I ate oyster dressing, I ate ham, I ate ice cream, I ate a little cake. In other words, I ate what was offered and enjoyed every bite. But here's where the truth lies...I ate each item one bite at a time. I really savored each bite, thought about whether I really wanted more before I took another bite, and I did start out with small portions.

I also had a time each day where I went inside myself to ask for help in making the best of each day and staying aware of all that I ate in the coming day. It is so powerful to know that we have this resource within ourselves, and it is really working for me. All I have to do is ask and believe.

So now, along with all of my readers, I face the New Year with hope, tools for success and the goal of losing at least another thirty pounds. Welcome 2010!

4 comments:

priscilla said...

I love going "inside myself to ask for help in making the best of each day and staying aware..." Happy New Year Sue!

Susan's Losin' said...

Happy New Year, Priscilla! Thanks for all the comments and support in 2009!

Susan's Losin' said...

And, Happy New Year to all my readers/commenters. Here's to 2010 and more weight loss adventures!

Joanne said...

You should be very proud of all you have accomplished! You look wonderful!
Happy New Year to you and Jeff!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller