Thursday, December 10, 2009

201.4 Pride Goeth Before The Gain

I guess I knew in my heart that my weight would probably bounce up a little once I made a big deal about reaching 200! But, if I look at the history of this weight loss, it is certainly not a straight line.

Today I taught my last ESL class until late January and the class members brought food that is typical of their country of origin for an end of semester party. Wow! What a wonderful buffet! There were frog legs and escargots from the French student, Pad Thai, Spring Rolls, and a Tofu dish prepared by the sister (and former restaurant owner) of a student from Thailand, there were several Middle Eastern dishes brought by folks from Iran, Morocco, and Pakistan, and more. Of course, they all wanted me to try everything, and have seconds, and it was very hard. I did take very small portions of each offering, and then I just took a deep breath and reassured myself that I should enjoy the delicious flavors and leave a little of each thing I put on my plate. And, that's what I did. I will have a very light dinner!

Yesterday when I blogged about being on the elliptical I forgot to write that my physical therapist likened working out on the elliptical to running rather than walking and that is why I get so winded so quickly. Tomorrow I see her again and I know she will want me to up my time on it. I can't exactly write "no problem", but I do know I will increase my time.

And now I have to get back to work on my grandson Julien's Christmas stocking!

1 comment:

priscilla said...

YOu are doing so well. I've been SICK so missed the great milestones blog. Keep up the good work. Oh, and if you want to lose a couple pounds really fast, get the virus I've got. STRENGTH

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller