Saturday, December 19, 2009

202.6 Yikes!




And I didn't even eat anything special or salty or whatever. So today I have tried not eating much at all, and I am famished and head achy. I want those 6 ounces gone by tomorrow!

It has been a good day though. I got a call from a dear friend in Ohio, I got a lot of grocery shopping done for the coming week, and our Christmas card is finally coming together. That is my upbeat, positive self speaking. On the other hand, when I returned from the store, Jeff was on the phone talking to his doctor. Yesterday he had a very painful skin treatment and was in a lot of pain. During the night he developed chills and that happened again while I was gone. His dermatologist doesn't think his symptoms match any after affects of the treatment, so now we may be looking at a guy who has the flu. How can that be? He had a flu shot and is scheduled to get the H1N1 shot in mid-January. He's doing his part! And, our daughter Alee is arriving on Tuesday, and in a week we are heading to Memphis to see our grandsons. Excuse me, but we have no time for the flu!

I just read my friend Kathleen's blog, Among The Savages, and she is feeling sick. It is sort of like this blizzard that is hitting the east coast. Hello?? Doesn't Mother Nature know this is Christmas week? Blizzards do hit and people do get sick, but.... Oh, please Jeff, don't have the flu.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I really really hope Jeff does not have the flu!

priscilla said...

Send Professor Christmas to bed for 48 hours and he'll be better! Even Santa gets sick!

Anonymous said...

My sympathy to Jeff. I had the flue years ago and never want to have it again. I've gotten the flue shot ever since. Starting yesterday I had a sore throat that has turned into a congested throat, semi-laryngitis situation but I feel good otherwise. Tis the season. Don't worry about the 6 ounces - you are doing great - just imagine at this rate how skinning you'll be for next year's Christmas letter. <3 <3 Annis

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller