Thursday, October 29, 2009

207.6 Why I'm Going Nowhere Fast

Are you frustrated, too, looking at my weight, not going anywhere fast?  I am and I have written about this before.  It is easy to be frustrated if I focus on tenths of a pound, but that is what I look at every morning when I weigh myself.  I do feel great about the fact that I have lost 40 pounds, but I forget about that when I get on the scale every morning.

This program is about discipline, and boy, have I learned to be disciplined about what I eat.  But if I am honest, there is one part of the program that I am not disciplined about and that is using self hypnosis.  I never seem to have time to take 20 minutes out of the day and just do it.  I need to do it if I am going to reach my goal in the 21st century.  This is just a little too slow.  By doing the self hypnosis I can remind myself of all the various parts to this program and the suggestions that will renew my attitude and energy.  Jennifer has taught me to do self hypnosis and I have no good excuse.  So, on that note, I am off to start the first day of doing self hypnosis everyday.

And here's a picture of the cutest smiling dog in the world.

Smilin' Charlee

2 comments:

priscilla said...

Charlee is the cutest smiling dog with the exception of one named Howie.

About going nowhere fast: it IS frustrating. I've lost the same pound and a half (REALLY) about 5 times since July. I'm following your excellent example of sticking with it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathleen said...

I think that it must be a habit, like everything else. At first you have to force yourself, and then you just do it without thinking about it.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller