Thursday, October 8, 2009

209.6 Doing the Math

Today I feel bogged down.  That is different from being blogged down, and sometimes that also happens.  What am I bogged down about?  I want to get rid of this weight more quickly, which isn't a good thing to be thinking when I am on a slow and steady weight loss program.  But I think it is okay to question where I am in this whole process.  I did the math.  That sentence will make my sister Priscilla smile.  We are always telling each other to "do the math"!

And what did the math tell me?  It told me that I have been losing about one pound per week for about twenty-six weeks.  So, since I started this program in earnest in April, I have lost about 28 pounds. Doing the math, that comes out to just over a pound a week.  It feels slow and on paper, day by day, it looks slow.  But if I tell someone I have lost 26 pounds since April, the response is positive.  And what if someone told you that they had lost 52 pounds last year?  Would you be impressed?

I am sticking with the program and the goal of about a pound a week.  I am happy being me right now, and know I can do it.  By keeping my mind and heart on my goal, I'll reach it one week at a time, one pound at a time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trick to more weight loss for you is to trick your body. Do more and different body movements with your walking and water aerobics. Eat a tiny lunch some days just because you're so busy and excited about life that you've forgotten to eat. Drink more water.

priscilla said...

SMILE!!!

Annis said...

Your program of losing one pound a week sounds sensible in that it is probably a diet one could be happy to stick with. Too often people want to lose weight fast and then gain it back just as fast because the diet is so draconian that they give it up the minute they lose weight. The thing about losing weight and maintaining the loss is to have a diet you are comfortable with because you will need to stick with it after the weight loss. I think I probably need to lose 7 pounds to button my pants comfortably - just a guess because I don't have a scale as I use the button the pants guide. If I can lose 1 pound a week, I should be in shape by Christmas - yippee!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller