Sunday, October 11, 2009

209.6 Food, Healthy Food

Today I went to Sur la Table.  For some reason, I'd never been in that store, but for years, I had heard how wonderful it was. The store was wonderful.  Everywhere I turned, there was something that I thought I really needed, well, wanted.  This is a store for cooks, serious cooks.  What was I doing there?  I was looking for a mandoline, so I can make a special appetizer that we had enjoyed in Italy. I ended up buying a different contraption that I am hoping will slice the zucchini even thinner and more easily than using the mandoline.

This morning before I went to Sur la Table I was reading the latest copy of Food and Wine magazine.  Those of you who have read this blog for most of its history know that I don't drink wine anymore.  So what am I doing, shopping at Sur la Table and reading a foodie magazine?

I am determined to still enjoy food even though I am eating smaller portions and healthier food.  I never would have ordered the zucchini platter in Cortona had I not been interested in healthier options.  After I master this new tool, and figure out how to put this appetizer together so that it is reminiscent of the dish we were served in Cortona, I will share the recipe with you.  Besides tasting delicious, this was beautiful to look at.

My sister Priscilla has been able to maintain her weight where she wants it, while cooking and eating an interesting and elegant array of food.  She is my role model and cheerleader.  Thanks, Prill.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great Susan...and so are you Prill!!!

Jennifer

priscilla said...

You go girl!!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller