Wednesday, October 21, 2009

207.0 Valuing The Unexpected


I look for ideas all over the place for this blog.  Sometimes I write about something that has happened to me, or occured to me, and sometimes I write about other people.  So far I have been inspired to write something almost everyday.  Today I got my inspiration from an ad in the newspaper.  It was an ad for Accenture and featured Tiger Woods looking determined as he strode through some very high weeds, obviously looking for his golf ball.  The ad read, "The Road to High Performance Isn't Always Paved".  I think it caught my eye because of my venture into the wash by our house.  It certainly wasn't paved.  And maybe, because I was able to get up and move on, I could consider it high performance?  I am laughing now!

What really rang true for me as I read this ad is that my road along this weight loss journey has often not felt like it was well paved.  It has had its ups and downs, unexpected turns and twists and yet it continues to carry me forward.

One the the most wonderful things that has occurred as a result of walking everyday is the connection I have made with nature.  Below are a few pictures of some things I saw today that I found either very beautiful or unexpected, or both.   I will get better at uploading photos, I promise!  Scroll down and enjoy.



Note the bird's nest.
I call this one "Making do".
                                                                           Cactus in bloom.
                                                                      













Close up of blossoms


                                Bouganvilla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and your theme today about "the unexpected" which of course includes 207...7 lbs to go to reach another marker along this unpaved road of adventure you're on.Happy new vistas...of both numbers and pictures. Hugs,

Jennifer

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller