Tuesday, October 20, 2009

207.8 Just Do It!

You know how sometimes something just clicks and you didn't even know you were thinking about it?  That happened today for me. I was coming home from doing errands and started thinking about what I still had to do today, and taking my walk immediately came to mind.  But, on the heels of that thought came the very welcome realization that I had already taken my walk today.  In fact, I had walked further than usual in the same amount of time.  I had walked faster!

What I have figured out is that once I just do something that is good for me, I can let it go and live my life without it hanging over me.  It is sort of like ordering that meal that is a healthier choice than the rest on the menu, and then adding that I don't want any potato.  Once I do that, all the tension is gone, the meal is satisfying and I don't have to focus on it anymore.  (And, I don't ever remember wishing I had had the potato or whatever.)

So tomorrow when I get up and start thinking about when I will walk, I will open that front door and go!

2 comments:

priscilla said...

In my ongoing catalogue of WOW's (Words of Wisdom) I will add, "When dithering about what to do next, do the next right thing!" This resolves all kinds of issues about whether or not you HAVE to do something. Yes, I am the Queen of Wisdom.

Anonymous said...

Love your Blog and the way your new way of life is becoming your new way of life. Hugs,

Jennifer

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller