Tuesday, October 13, 2009

209.4 Gifts

As I started out on my walk this morning, I saw my friends Terry and Louise, who had arrived here last night after being away since April. Louise has been following my blog from her home in Ohio since I first started to write it and she was so happy to see me 30 pounds lighter!  She called out to me as we approached each other about how much thinner I appeared.  And then she said you are walking so much better and standing so much straighter!  By this time we had hugged and she was wiping tears away.  This new me had brought tears to her eyes.

What she said next was the best gift of all.  She said that I have been an inspiration to her through my blogs.  Her husband, Terry, concurred as she told me that in restaurants she immediately moves one half of the portion away (to Terry's plate!), that she has cut down on the amount of bread she eats, etc.  What she didn't say but is so true is that she has become conscious about everything that she eats.

So Louise, it's great to see you looking so good.  Thanks for the gifts you gave me this morning, and welcome back!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Susan,

What a great pick-me-up for you! I can't think of a better gift at this time. Enjoy it!

Hugs,

Jennifer

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller