Monday, October 12, 2009

209.6 Lost and Found

When I came back from Italy and had lost weight, I was ecstatic!  I was also so excited that my back had done such a great job of supporting me throughout the trip.  But after about a week the excitement started to slowly dissipate and I have been slogging through life on lots of fronts, especially this weight loss front.  I have been trying to figure out why. What is going on with me?

Today I think I figured it out.  The trip to Italy had loomed huge since May when we first decided to do it.  After returning home, I have felt a little lost without the trip to look forward to, and the accompanying motivation to lose weight, and to get stronger.

So, today I am making a recommitment to the program and to the new me that will continually emerge as I move forward toward my goal.  I may not be able to "see" myself as a thin person, but I can picture myself playing golf, doing Yoga, taking hikes all over this gorgeous state, and just moving with more ease as a result of losing the rest of the weight.

It is early evening and I just came in from taking my walk.  This time I didn't listen to Willie Nelson.  I listened to my own voice repeating the phrases of encouragement that have helped me through the first part of this program so effectively.  One of my favorites is "I don't want it, I don't need it, and I am not going to have it because I want something more.  I want my health."  Thanks to the hypnosis CD that Jennifer made for me I have a whole litany of similar phrases to help me deal with cravings, help me make good choices,  and remind me to love my body, love exercise, and be good to my self.  I think I have found a good alternative to Willie, at least for a while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Blog Susan! Willie will understand...

priscilla said...

Travel and weight loss: Every time I've traveled I had the same experience you're having, including this time. Lost a bit of weight then bounced back up when the post-trip let down moves in. Your blog was encouraging to me!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller