Saturday, October 31, 2009

205.6 Happy Halloween

Since my weight became such problem,  buying Halloween candy has been a pain!  On the one hand, I would want to buy candy I liked, so I could eat it and really enjoy it.  On the other hand, I wouldn't want to buy candy I liked because I didn't want to be tempted.  So, I would either buy all the yummy chocolate items and chow down, or, I would buy the sweet and sour stuff and feel righteous and sad.  And if I went for the chocolate, I would get into the it as soon as I bought it and then the guilt would settle in.  Obviously, it was hard to be happy on Halloween.


Where I live now, there are just a handful of kids in the neighborhood, and they don't live on our street.  So, I didn't buy any candy for tonight and I hope no kids will come looking for treats.  If kids do come, it will be better that they play tricks on us, rather than we play candy tricks on ourselves!


Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

priscilla said...

Everywhere I went today people were handing out candy, so I tried your "I don't want it, I don't need it, I'm not going to have it" routine with some success. Speaking of which, you've lost again Susan!!

Kathleen said...

I am, and have been, buried in candy. It's so hard to have in the house. I need to exercise my Will Power.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the most amazing blog that I have read this month :D

Sincerest regards
Cornelius

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller