Sunday, November 1, 2009

206.2 Remembering and Wondering

Well, no kids came last night for Halloween treats, so all is well on that front.  No tricks were played and no candy was consumed.  I did think about Halloweens past when my three little kids would dress up and one of us would take them out, while the other dealt with the barking dog and handed out candy to those who came to the door.  I was remembering that when they came back home,  they would dump their candy out and swap with each other so they could have what each really wanted.  What I also remember so  clearly is  their unhappiness about having to cover up their costumes with heavy jackets because it was so cold in Boston on most Halloweens.

I wonder how different things will be a year from now.  I wonder how much I will weigh,  if I will still be writing this blog, and how far I will be walking each day.  It is fun to look back and it is fun to look forward.  Life is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice...really nice...

Kathleen said...

I hope you are still writing a year from now.
Yesterday I went back and surfed through some of my blog posts from when my boys were babies. I was struck by the differences in them, and the similarities. It was nice to have something to compare today to besides what I've stored in my head.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller