Sunday, November 15, 2009

205.0 Can Scales Be Stuck, Too?

A funny thing happened today, or maybe it was a miracle! If you've been reading this blog lately, especially yesterday's blog, you know how frustrated I've been with being stuck, or having plateaued (is that really a word?) at 205.4. There's a very popular book out there called Who Moved My Cheese?. It's a book about dealing with change, so I have learned. I haven't read it, but I may after reading a synopsis of it. Anyway, this morning, as usual, I weighed myself and my weight was still stuck at 205.4. So, for some reason, I moved my scale and guess what? I lost those 4 ounces! Is that cool or what? So, I moved it again, thinking I had just found the secret to innovative weight loss. What do you think happened? Nothing! It's now stuck at 205.0. So what have I learned today? That scales like people trying to lose weight can also be stuck. I can hardly wait for tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big smiles!!!

Kathleen said...

Maybe I over-reacted when I caught the baby walking around with my scale. He might have had a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Here's a tip - never weigh yourself straight out of the shower with wet hair. All that water must weigh at least a pound :-) Also cut your nails before weighing - might eliminate 1/2 a pound. I had a gal wait on me in a store recently with nails that had to be 2" long - yuck. How do you get anything done with nails like that - forget typing. Have a great day. - Annis

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller