Monday, November 9, 2009

204.4 A Change of Plan

Tomorrow I have to give a short talk at the monthly meeting of a group I belong to that supports entrepreneurial women. I know, some who know me well are wondering how I think I can call myself entrepreneurial. But anyway, I am not talking about my jewelry business tomorrow. I am talking about how you can plan all you want but that doesn't mean that your life will follow your plan. And, I'll talk about how because of changed plans due to my back issues, I have been involved in things I never dreamed about doing. For example, I never dreamed I would write a blog or lose 42 pounds at the wonderful age of 66-67! I never knew I would design jewelry, and I never knew I would teach ESL! What had I planned on doing in retirement? I had planned on playing golf with Jeff and that was about it.

Although I hope to give this talk sort of off the cuff, I have written it several times! Here's what I wrote to sum up how I feel about this topic of accepting change. "So we can plan all we want to and think we know where we are headed, but we also need to realize that change may come, and in fact, it can make for a better, more interesting journey that we might have planned for ourselves."

5 comments:

queenmabby said...

i needed this reminder for myself tonight. good luck tomorrow - you'll do great!!! love you!

Anonymous said...

Yea!

philso said...

your comments are so right on... change in life is kinda like underwear...you can ignore change but the scent will catch up to you.

pad

philso said...

whaddaya mean, need your approval! I decide these things!
(others need know that I am your bro in law and kinda nutty (or is it nuttie?)

pad

Unknown said...

Well said! I wish I could be there to see you speak. It is inspiring!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller