Saturday, November 7, 2009

205.4 Julia child vs Amelia Earhart

We just came home after seeing the movie Amelia. After the movie we went to a nearby restaurant where we had dinner with friends. I was delighted to find a grilled vegetable platter on the menu which I ordered along with some chicken. When it arrived, it was beautiful and was really delicious.

Since I have been home it dawned on me that I don't think there was one scene in that movie that featured food or even talk of food. There were a few scenes where it was obvious that drinks had been served, or perhaps a meal had been served, but food was not shown. Why does this matter? Well, the last movie we saw at that theatre was Julie, Julia, which of course was all about food. I didn't like the movie Amelia half as much as I liked Julie, Julia. Did food play into that response or did I just like the story of Julia Child more that that of Amelia Earhart?

2 comments:

priscilla said...

Good question. But I'll take a roast chicken over a narcissistic spoiled aviatrix any day. ALSO, I think Meryl Streep is a better actress than Hilary Swank.

Kathleen said...

I haven't seen either, but could it be that one was just a better movie?

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller