Thursday, November 19, 2009

205.2 Why and Now What?

Here's a thought... Was hitting the wall on my jewelry a reflection of hitting the wall on the weight loss? Hmmm. Perhaps it is obvious to some, but until today I hadn't put the two together.

Which leads me to the larger question of why... Why am I here? What meaning has my life had, and what meaning do I want it to have as I go forward? Since facing retirement, my life has been consumed in large part with dealing with health issues, not life threatening, but life changing. Fortunately, the importance of those issues has diminished, especially over the last year, to the point where my life is not constrained in the same way it has been over the past 5 to 6 years. So, now what?

3 comments:

philso said...

It's the question...what do I want to be when I grow up? I decided I wanted to be a little boy.
But not really. There are so many routes to satisfaction. I think when you get close to your weight goal the journey will change and new options will open up when you are more mobile. Keep it up, Suse, we all pull for you. In pulling for and with you we better ourselves.

pad

priscilla said...

When you find the answer, let me know! And write a book and put it up in jars and sell it. The universal question. Read Phil's comment. He said it best. Love you!

Kathleen said...

Sue, I've spent the past year loosing five pounds - as far as I'm concerned, you're still going down! But you have a point. Do you think you want to try doing something new?

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller