Friday, November 20, 2009

205.0 Climbing Mt. Everest!

Today I went to my physical therapist. I hadn't seen her in almost 7 months because I was doing well and was able to incorporate what she had taught me into my daily life. I went back because I still have some leg weakness as a result of the first surgery, and since I am doing better, I wanted to add some new things to my workout program. What I also really wanted from her was the go ahead to try to eliptical machine. I am here to say that that turned out to be quite an event! I did it for almost one minute and you would have thought I had climbed Mt. Everest! So now I do have a real challenge and that is to get stronger so that I can really do the eliptical. Jennifer, who is 73, does it for almost 35 minutes! Amazing!

The other thing my physical therapist had me work on was the Wii Fit. I had bought a Wii Fit last spring, but started walking and just forgot about it. We had a good laugh this morning as I tried to get the balls to fall through the holes, and as I tried to ski down the hill going through the gates. And, then there was the one where I tried to hit the soccer balls with my head, while moving out of the way of the shoes that were thrown at me. For those of you who have never seen a Wi Fit, this is all on a TV screen and is probably the best way to have fun while working on balance, strength, etc.. I was working on the balance activities, since that is quite an issue for me.

So it was a good day and it's not over yet. I've walked my 30 minutes, but still want to do my pool workout before it gets too cool outside. And then there is a party tonight. I am already thinking about how I will best deal with the wonderful food that I know will be served. Small bites of what I want sounds like a plan to me.

2 comments:

priscilla said...

Way to go!!

Kathleen said...

Wii Fit! What fun!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller