Sunday, November 8, 2009

205.4 Hanging In There

I love the comments I receive from folks who read my blog. Some of you comment frequently and some comment once in a while. If you want to read the comments that I receive, just scroll down to the bottom of each blog and click on comments. The comments often reflect agreement with what I have written about, and sometimes they come from a different point of view and make me think. I like both kinds of comments and really appreciate the time and thought put into the comments. So, thanks to all who have participated in this blog by commenting. They are always a source of encouragement and it helps me know that others are reading this wonderfully self-indulgent blog :) ! (If you've never commented but want to, just click on comments and follow the easy steps.)

I am in a bit of a slow period for those who are watching the countdown by the title of each blog. I got a kick out of one of my friend's telling me that she thought the numbers were some kind of blog code, rather than indication my weight. I know I will keep losing, but I am frustrated by the lack of progress lately. And, I am feeling threatened by the fact that I am going to be facing no pool time for about 2-3 months when the temperatures drop too low at night for our heat pump to keep up.

But, a year ago I weighed around 240 pounds and I wasn't walking, and I wasn't engaged in this weight loss process. My cholesterol was 240 and I wasn't feeling very happy. I just learned that my cholesterol is at 150 now and I am feeling so much better. So let's hear it for a little frustration, and hope it gets me losing again.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Sue,
You are doing this all the right way--it stays off easier, if we do it this way. I am doing about the same thing. You are so easy to read and I say amen, everyday I read you. Good job!

Kathleen said...

I don't think you've hit a slow period at all. The numbers are still heading down.

I know what you mean about knowing you will have to stop your routine for a stretch of time. When things get busy here or when we travel I have to put running on hold. It's tough, but I keep reminding myself that I just have to keep doing what I can.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller