Monday, November 2, 2009

205.4 Gratitude

Last night we went over to Terry and Louise's for dinner, a delicious dinner featuring a wonderful tortellini, sausage, tomato soup.  Louise assured me she had cooked it a day earlier so she could remove all the fat from the sausage!  I relaxed and truly enjoyed it.  While we were talking, she asked how the zucchini appetizer had come out after all my blogging about it.  I love Louise!  She reads my blog faithfully and as you can see, nothing gets by her!  As I told her, it came out great and here's a picture to prove it.

(I know, it looks like a turtle, but it didn't taste like one:)  )


This morning I was listening to my favorites on the CD player and I found myself singing along with "Tis A Gift To Be Simple".  I turned to Jeff and said, "Isn't it great to be alive!"  I didn't mean rather than dead, but to be a part of this magnificent planet and all the beautiful, simple things to be enjoyed by being aware, present.  While carrying around those 42 pounds (I can't imagine carrying 42 pounds of anything, much less fat!) it was hard to be filled with this kind of gratitude.

3 comments:

priscilla said...

I think your zucchini thing looks beautiful, but I can't figure out what the little white doo-hickies (sp?) around the edge are. But hey--let's be grateful and simple today! Love, P

queenmabby said...

this post made me feel really grateful and happy to be alive to witness you and dad so happy and content in yourselves. here's hoping to be grateful and simple tomorrow!

Kathleen said...

One of my favorite songs!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller