Friday, November 13, 2009

205.4 Determination to Change

I think my scale is in crisis so I am not getting all worked up about what it says. Maybe it got dropped on its head! Who knows, but now I am used to the fluctuations and know my weight will come down.

One of my friends with the great name of Sue told me about an acquaintance of hers from Ohio who has lost over 200 pounds during the past 4-5 years. Tonight this gal, Nancy Schluesser, is being featured on the Dr. Oz program. He first met her when she was in the midst of her weight loss journey and he has just made her a "Wellness Warrior" so that she can help others achieve their weight loss goals. This morning at Sue's home I had a chance to talk to Nancy's mom about her daughter's success and struggle and it was really inspiring to me. Although there are some differences in how each of us has gone about losing the weight, one thing is very similar and that is the rate of loss of about a pound a week on average. My hat goes off to Nancy for staying with her program for about 4 years and she is still working on losing.

If you can't or don't want to watch the Dr. Oz show, you can watch the video of her appearance by going to http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/success-story-returns.

Hers is a great story of determination to change so that she could lead a happier, healthier life. If she could do it starting at about 400 pounds, I can surely reach my goal.

1 comment:

priscilla said...

SUE! Look at the date! It's Friday the 13th! Of course your scale went up. Tomorrow is the 14th and it will all be over.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller