Wednesday, November 11, 2009

204.4 Oh, Susanna's Taking A Hiatus

It's been going on for a while now and I don't really understand why, but I have no interest in designing and making jewelry. What happened? A year ago I was buying beads like there was no tomorrow and could hardly wait to find time to settle down and make things. Now, I don't seem to have the time and I don't have that feeling of anticipation about putting new designs together. I recently offered classes in jewelry making. I was hoping that by teaching it, I would get excited about it. But no one has come to the classes for two weeks now, so I think the writing is on the wall

When I think about the reasons that might be at the bottom of this, I do have to say my life is very different today compared to a year ago. I walk everyday now, something I couldn't even think about a year ago, and now I write this blog, and that takes a fair amount of time everyday, in addition to everything else I have always been doing.

I do have some guilt about quitting. First of all, I hate the idea of being a quitter in anything. Also, I have spent a lot of money on beads and all of the associated components and materials that go into designing and making jewelry. I can try to sell all of the stuff, but if I don't have the passion to sell my finished products, where will I get the energy to sell strings of beads? How do you like the word hiatus? I think I will pack the materials away and take a hiatus. If and when I get urge to start beading again, I will be ready. Whew! I think I feel better having spit this out!

(The dinner I blogged about that I wasn't sure how to handle was cancelled.)

3 comments:

priscilla said...

Congratulations on resolving your conflict about beading! It appears to me that you've found a lot of outer-directed, positive feelings that are carrying you along now. Perhaps you'd rather be with people that with beads???xxoop

Anonymous said...

You're in transition, Susan. Trust what's happening. You may or may not go back to jewelry making, and it's OK...either way. Hugs,

Jennifer

lynseym said...

sue--

making things should make you happy! i took about three years off from sewing and am glad i did because now i love it again. knitting i never stop but i think what i like about knitting is that it takes so long to finish it that i have the time to enjoy it rather than try to figure out what to do with it. i can't possibly make them fast enough to sell them so knitting works for me!

you'll come back to it!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller