Friday, November 6, 2009

205.0 Living With Compromise

A couple of days ago I wrote that I was drawing the line about getting together with friends around a meal. It sounded like a great commitment to make at the time and even inspired Jeff to get in the act.

Today I received the first invitation to get together with friends since I made that decision! Oh, this is really hard. A friend is coming into town for a short time and it is a chance for a group of us to all gather. And, my friend who is planning the get together said she would make chicken tetrazzini and I started feeling like I wanted to run away. I know that I could go and just have a small amount, but I really want to stay away from all the temptations for a while to see if I can't lose a little faster.

I don't know what I am going to do about this. We probably will go and I will do the best I can. But if we do, I will have broken the commitment I made with myself. I was just nudged by my inner voice and this is what I heard. I can bring a salad and fruit for dessert to share, and just have a small amount of the other things. This way I will have more control over what will be available to eat, and I will feel safe. I can live with this!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...well...well...that Inner Voice of yours seems to be getting louder...smile.

priscilla said...

Sounds like a great plan!

Kathleen said...

I say go, especially if this is a group that doesn't often get together. You can be strong and have only a little of the other things. If you never see anyone, it defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

I second what Kathleen said. See it as a good old challenge if you feel you can swing it.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller