Monday, November 23, 2009

203.8 Beside Me In My Mind

I went back to see my physical therapist, today. After scolding me for being a little late - it was only 5 minutes- we got down to work. She runs a very tight ship. I "hopped" on the elliptical and did it for 2 minutes! I didn't feel like I had climbed Mt. Everest, but it does give my legs a workout that they are just beginning to get used to. It also works my heart, and that is what it is really all about. Because, if my heart rate goes up so will my metabolism.

So now I am looking Thanksgiving in the eye and am pretty secure that all will be well. We'll be with the Boston contingent of our family, daughters Miranda and Alee, and son-in-law Jud, and they all know what I am trying to achieve. The pressure to please people by eating will not be at the table with us. So, I can gently graze, tasting and enjoying small portions of whatever strikes my fancy.

But the day will only be partly about the food. It is really about being thankful for all aspects of my life and the people, all the people, that by being a part of my life have made it richer. This is my first Thanksgiving since I started writing this blog, and I am very grateful for every reader. I write it for me, but you are always beside me in my mind as I write.

I don't know when I will next blog since we will be traveling and I am not sure how the time will be spent while in Boston. Check in occasionally over the next few days. I may surprise you with a blog or two.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

...and Happy Turkey to You! Graze away...enjoy...and of course...with consciousness. Hugs,

Jennifer

priscilla said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I will think of you as I take my small bites.xoop

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller