Monday, October 26, 2009

207.0 Multitasking Leading to Distraction



Jeff forwarded me an email this morning about multitasking and how, in fact, it makes us all less productive and more confused.  It used to be a badge of honor when you could brag that you were good at multitasking, especially on the job.  The article he sent me claims that it gets in the way of keeping on track with reaching completion of tasks.  (http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2009/10/25/pros_offer_timely_tips_to_empty_that_inbox/?s_campaign=8315.)

I am wondering if this is the reason that my jewelry design business has fallen by the wayside.  I haven't really been involved with my jewelry since I started following Jennifer's program and began blogging.  Obviously, I don't want to give up either of those projects and maybe I just don't have the energy to do everything.  I am not sure, but I have been thinking about this for a while.

After reading the article today I am also thinking that maybe I am so distracted, trying to do my ESL work, and my blog and my walking and my water therapy that I have just run out of time and steam.

So, I will try to re-engage with jewelry, stay off of email and the internet except for specific times during the day, and see if I can't do it all.


in Assisi, Italy 9/09

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller