Sunday, October 25, 2009

207.0 Turning Older and Feeling Younger

I turned 67 yesterday!  And, it wasn't as painful as most of my recent birthdays.  In fact, it was painless.  No, I haven't been using wine to dull the pain.  In fact, I had a glass of wine to celebrate and after 2 sips I didn't want anymore!  I am so glad that I have completely lost my taste for alcohol, one of the unexpected twists in this journey.  It was painless because I feel years younger than I have over the past several years.  I have more energy, I can walk very fast for a half hour plus now, and I just move better.  I still have a few aches and pains from the arthritis/stenosis in my spine, but it is much less intense and less frequent.  I attribute this younger me to the weight loss of 30 pounds over the past year, plus the 10 I had lost the previous year.

And, to what do I attribute the weight loss?  I  keep writing this because it is so true and important:  I have learned to acknowledge and listen to my inner spirit.  Yes, I do eat a lot less, I do eat differently, I do exercise more, but all of this is the result of learning to use what I already had but didn't know how it could help me.

So here I am at 67, using Jennifer's program and my own inner resources to lose this weight.  I wonder how much younger I will feel when I turn 68?


Here I am at 66!



Yesterday, 67!


















1 comment:

queenmabby said...

YAY! happy birthday - here's to several more happy and healthy years!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller