Friday, October 9, 2009

209.8 Oh, Say Can You See?

I have a question for you.  Can you picture, imagine, visualize yourself as a slender person?   To be honest, I can't see myself as a slender person in my mind's eye.   Oh, I can remember a photo of me when I was thin, in some cases very thin, but I simply can't conjure up a picture of me at this age being slender.

Can you picture yourself wearing an outfit you love as a slender person?  I think I need to go shopping to get some ideas.  It puzzles me that I am having such a hard time with this.  How about you? I think it would help me lose weight a little faster if I could do this visualization.

When I wrote the blog yesterday about having lost 28 pounds, I was being honest about my weight loss since April.  Before that, I had lost 10 pounds during my initial weight loss work with Jennifer.  Other issues cropped up that we focused on together and I just stayed steady with the 10 pound loss for several months.  That being said, I can't imagine that I weighed 247 pounds, but I can easily picture that heavier person. So, I think I have some work to do, to let go of the heavier lady and embrace the hill climbing, healthier, more slender me!

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller