Friday, April 1, 2011

174.4 Could It Be? The Peanut Butter Saga

So I am feeling like I am back in charge. I don't know who was in charge as my weight crept up, but I think that that's what unconscious eating is all about. This morning it dawned on me that yesterday was the first day in a long time that I managed to not eat any peanut butter. So you are thinking what was she doing eating peanut butter?! Well, I thought I could eat it on my Ezekiel bread toast for breakfast in the morning. And I could do that if that had been the only time during the day I ate peanut butter. But, I started spreading it a little thicker and a little thicker over time. And then it turned into a very delicious snack to eat in the late afternoon when I began to feel hungry, and/or just before bed, and since I wasn't eating it on anything, I could eat more of it. Well I can't!

So, now I am going to try to be more aware of other foods where the unconscious eating mode has taken over. This maintenance world is tricky, a lot trickier than the losing phase because options become greater in number and in amount. Maybe I should have joined the circus. Balancing on a tightrope seems easier than figuring all of this out.

No comments:

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller