Friday, April 8, 2011

173.8 At Last!

You know, you never know. I know I have used that line in several of my posts, and again it has become extremely appropriate. When I started this amazing weight loss adventure back in February of 2008, and when I started my blog in August of 2009, I wasn't planning on being on TV. But Jennifer Scott (www.jscotthypnosis.com) received a call from our local ABC station to talk about her work with hypnosis. She's invited me to appear with her on the program Smart Family in about a week.

What's really funny to me is that all my life I have been waiting to be discovered. At UCLA I was very quiet and never told anyone that, as I walked the streets around the campus, I was waiting, expecting to be discovered.:) How and why I was worthy of being discovered was never made clear to me, but it was an active dream of mine. Since that didn't happen then, I gave up on that dream and although it's been a joke between Jeff and me, I rarely have thought about my desire to be discovered way back then.

So now when I'm 68 years old, I finally get to appear on TV. Am I nervous? OMG yes! Am I excited? Of course. And, I have to seriously lose a couple more pounds. Over the past few days I have increased my water drastically because I haven't been feeling very well, and look what happened. So I'm pushing the water and doing all the right things, and hope to be looking good and sounding somewhat articulate on the big day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm both smiling and laughing at the same time...now laughing more than smiling...still laughing....hugs, j

Kathleen said...

This is so exciting! And it's going to be so fun!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller